Sunday, October 17, 2010

Web 2.0

I'm trying to embrace this whole web 2.0 thing. I really do love it and think it's where we need to be going, but.... I am so overwhelmed with all of my normal tasks and learning how to do all this new stuff. Parents don't really know what teachers do to make sure their children are growing and learning every day. They seem to think we come in and work and go home and forget about it. Maybe there are some teachers who do this, but none that I know. We all work ourselves half to death and do everything we can for our students. I must admit that we count down the days until every holiday, but that's because we are so overworked and exhausted from all the extra hours we put in. Of course, then we end up spending at least part of every holiday working! At this point, I am just going day by day to get to Thanksgiving and hopefully a break. However, I already have a list of things I'll need to accomplish during the week we are off, and that's not including having time with my family.

I guess the whole point of this post is to say that I love learning new things (web 2.0) and I love my students, but I really wish parents and people in the business world would understand how much we put into this job and "our kids."

I will continue to put tons of extra time and energy into my classroom and students because that is what they need. I will also continue to try to make non-education people understand!

No comments:

Post a Comment